Playground activities make a great way of ensuring kids have a great time, also increasing their physical and mental discipline. However, they are most prone to getting injured when at a playground. To minimize these injuries, opt for installing playground surfaces that are available in various types.
A playground is one the most desired and exciting areas for kids; with swings, slides monkey bars etc. it’s one place they wish they never had to leave. It gives them their daily dose of enjoyment and socializing. Whilst the kids are having fun, for parents and care takers it’s a worrisome time because they understand that injuries are common in a playground. Being concerned about the safety of children is only natural.
In order to ensure kids are protected from injuries, it becomes very important to make the playground safe. Consequently consider opting for companies that offer playground surfacing. It is a known fact that a playground that is cushioned with a smooth surface minimizes the chances of kids getting injured in case of falling from a play equipment. Few of the added advantages of equipping your playground with high quality updated surfacing are:
- Reduction in the chances of kids tripping. This decreases the risk of injuries that are associated with the falls.
- Weather conditions do not hamper their performance. Whether it’s boiling hot or icy chilled the surface remains intact.
- They are made available in a variety of customizable shapes, designs, colors and sizes to ensure the kids do not get put off by their presence.
- They are easy to install and maintain.
- The high quality material they are manufactured with, makes it abrasion, indentation and slipping resistant.
As you set out to choose a playground surfacing, make sure you make a guided choices because there is a wide range of surfacing on offer. The traditional sand, gravel and wood chips are not as efficient as the updated surfacing. Following are the various kinds of playground surfaces that offer higher level of protection:
- Rubber Mulch Surface: It is a rather ideal and preferred playground surface choice, as a result of its increased elasticity and easy to maintain surface that does harden when washed. This ensures children remain protected at all times. Though originally available in black color, to enhance the look of the playground and to stimulate kids visual sense the color can be customized as requested.
- Poured in Place Surface: Poured in place surfacing is known for its slip resistance and for lasting for long time. They are fairly inexpensive and do not require high maintenance, making it a rather cost effective option. Like the mulch, these surfaces are also available in numerous colors.
- Grass Fill Surface: It is made of nylon yarn to give it a real grass impression, though unlike the original grass it does not require trimming or mowing. Also it remains fixed to the ground, further complimenting the fresh green look of parks.
So, kick start looking for a company that offers you all of above mentioned high quality surfacing. Be it rubber mulch, grass fills or poured in place, before zeroing down on the surface to install, ensure it tried and tested to meet the optimum ASTM standards. It is also vital that it complies to the ADA guidelines to guarantee the high quality of the playground surface that will safeguard kids from injuries.