Building a custom home is one of the most rewarding homeowner experiences. After obtaining house plans, property to build on and hiring contractors, the work toward a dream home is well underway. The decision to build a home from the ground up involves a lot of important decision making. This will establish factors for the future house in every detail from deciding between house plans, to select the right layout, to the materials used for the kitchen cabinets.
Benefits of a Custom Home Include:
- 100% customization for every detail. Even house plans can be modified to suit tastes and preferences. The ability to have the final say in all of the work that will go into the building of a home creates a house that will be perfectly suited to the homeowner’s exact specifications, and allows for a more comfortable and rewarding final result.
- Purchasing the lot will assist with the advantages to custom building. It’s one of the most important details of the home building process. The property can dictate everything from the materials used, to the direction the house will face. Plenty of time should be spent on the property, to get a feel for the land, and to think of an ideal house plan to match the landscape and neighborhood.
- Avoiding builder’s grade appliances. Building a custom home involves picking out appliances. When a pre-built home is purchased, generally the kitchen appliances are builder’s grade. This means that they are not as high quality, and are plainer in design than is typically preferred. By installing high quality appliances of choice, the lifespan will be longer, and having the choice will guarantee a better match with the decor.
Before buying a plan check to be sure that it conforms to standards including the International Residential Code [IRC] and the Uniform Building Code [UBC]. The house plan can be modified to conform to the standards of states or countries but it is still well advised to read, research and consult with your architect regarding this matter. After deciding on the house plan that is perfect for the property, and suits needs and lifestyle, the next step is to continue the process of building the home. Some of these steps include:
This list will tell the contractor all of the materials that have been decided upon to build the house including fixtures, molding and paint.
The items on this list will detail the construction materials required such as the lumber, concrete and nails.
Building a custom home is full of decisions but they are well worth it for a home that will be loved and enjoyed by its occupants today, and by their future generations tomorrow.
Great House Design provides house plans to their customers who are building new homes. The searchable plan database makes finding the perfect home easy, and to desired specifications. For more information on Great House Design and their plans visit, Great house design.
Playground activities make a great way of ensuring kids have a great time, also increasing their physical and mental discipline. However, they are most prone to getting injured when at a playground. To minimize these injuries, opt for installing playground surfaces that are available in various types.
A playground is one the most desired and exciting areas for kids; with swings, slides monkey bars etc. it’s one place they wish they never had to leave. It gives them their daily dose of enjoyment and socializing. Whilst the kids are having fun, for parents and care takers it’s a worrisome time because they understand that injuries are common in a playground. Being concerned about the safety of children is only natural.
In order to ensure kids are protected from injuries, it becomes very important to make the playground safe. Consequently consider opting for companies that offer playground surfacing. It is a known fact that a playground that is cushioned with a smooth surface minimizes the chances of kids getting injured in case of falling from a play equipment. Few of the added advantages of equipping your playground with high quality updated surfacing are:
- Reduction in the chances of kids tripping. This decreases the risk of injuries that are associated with the falls.
- Weather conditions do not hamper their performance. Whether it’s boiling hot or icy chilled the surface remains intact.
- They are made available in a variety of customizable shapes, designs, colors and sizes to ensure the kids do not get put off by their presence.
- They are easy to install and maintain.
- The high quality material they are manufactured with, makes it abrasion, indentation and slipping resistant.
As you set out to choose a playground surfacing, make sure you make a guided choices because there is a wide range of surfacing on offer. The traditional sand, gravel and wood chips are not as efficient as the updated surfacing. Following are the various kinds of playground surfaces that offer higher level of protection:
- Rubber Mulch Surface: It is a rather ideal and preferred playground surface choice, as a result of its increased elasticity and easy to maintain surface that does harden when washed. This ensures children remain protected at all times. Though originally available in black color, to enhance the look of the playground and to stimulate kids visual sense the color can be customized as requested.
- Poured in Place Surface: Poured in place surfacing is known for its slip resistance and for lasting for long time. They are fairly inexpensive and do not require high maintenance, making it a rather cost effective option. Like the mulch, these surfaces are also available in numerous colors.
- Grass Fill Surface: It is made of nylon yarn to give it a real grass impression, though unlike the original grass it does not require trimming or mowing. Also it remains fixed to the ground, further complimenting the fresh green look of parks.
So, kick start looking for a company that offers you all of above mentioned high quality surfacing. Be it rubber mulch, grass fills or poured in place, before zeroing down on the surface to install, ensure it tried and tested to meet the optimum ASTM standards. It is also vital that it complies to the ADA guidelines to guarantee the high quality of the playground surface that will safeguard kids from injuries.